We’d all like to live in a world that isn’t affected by the use of illegal substances by employees, but that’s just not the reality. If you’ve ever wondered if drug testing should be undertaken at your facility, check out the sobering facts below.
According to the U.S. Department of Justice:
- 15% of those surveyed had used an illegal drug in the past year and 8% had used an illegal drug in the past month.
- Marijuana and cocaine use is most common in 18-25 year olds.
- Almost 1% of survey respondents over the age of 26 had used cocaine in the past month; 4.2% of the same population reported using marijuana during that same time frame.
- About 8.2% of full-time workers are users of illicit drugs.
So if you think that you can conduct drug testing with your eyes, you’re taking a huge risk. Instead of rolling the dice, turn to drug testing to ensure that whomever you hire is fit and ready for the job.
- Want to learn more about background checks and drug testing? Visit us today at VerifyProtect.
- Follow VerifyProtect on Twitter right now.